The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is a social walking group for lesbians and their women friends. Young or not so young, we'd love you to join us. We choose walks from the Wellington region, alternating between Kapiti, Wellington, the Hutt Valley and sometimes the Wairarapa, starting and often finishing in a local café.
- Walks are usually held on the second Sunday of the month ... usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry a parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
Sunday 8th October: Bolton St. cemetery & Botanic Garden
A ramble round the Bolton Street Memorial Park and the Botanic Garden.
Meet outside the front of the Wellington railway station at 10am
We will walk up to the Bowen St entrance and explore the old cemetery, taking a path over the motorway to the west side of the park - see the Bolton Street Memorial Park map. Then coffee/brunch at the Rose Garden café and a ramble round the Botanic Garden.
Dress for the weather, sneakers or sturdy shoes, and bring your lunch and drink.
Trip leader: Lainey 027 3039006 - msg her to say you are coming.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.